AlNik Solutions Principals for Successful Project Management (PM)
AlNik’s view on the Project Management Process for Success!
“Many good Project Management software tools are very much alike, in that they all tend to focus on obtaining the contracted Performance within the planned Schedule and Cost processes; but while these processes are essential to a successful project delivery and closing, obtaining this success could be quite difficult without a strongly focused and flexible performance measurement process to support management of the Portfolios of Workload and a qualified Workforce Criteria.”
AlNik Solutions’ PMPlan for Successful Project ManagementKey Factors of PMPlan Enterprise to Consider:
- A Quality Integrated Support Tools, that Fully Integrates all phases of Project Management Planning and Tracking Criteria
- Developing and Budgeting the Plan, Pricing and Proposing the Plan
- Generation of Substantive Progress Reports, with Performance Measurement
- Forecasting and the Availability of Qualified Workforce Resources for any specific project
- Integrated Line Management Workforce Qualification and Assignment Capability
- Timely and Instantaneous and Substantive Portfolio Management, Reporting and Forecasting of a project, or of all projects
- Providing Forecasted Business Data for Every Layer of a Customer’s Management and providing the ability for all concerned with a Projects Success, to stay on the Same Track for that Success
- Exceptional Customer Services
- Generates pricing documents that meets Defense Contract Audit Agency standards
- Proposal Development with Work Breakdown Structure
- Planning and Scheduling including Critical Path and Schedule Risk
- Estimate to Complete project tracking methodology
- Obtain actual data (labor, non-labor, and costs) by interfacing with accounting system
- Portfolio management with Project Health and workforce loading and forecasting
To review more detail of these qualifications and others, see the AlNik Solutions Principals for Successful Project Management below; or the AlNik Solutions.com About/Principles Tab.
If you are interested, please request an Enterprise DEMO or a FREE 60-DAY TRIAL now.
“To qualify for the above Demo or Free Trial, you must represent a company with a registered company email account”.
AlNik Solutions PMPlan News:AlNik has now released a new version, PMPlan Version 50.00.01, for the Stand-Alone “Standard and Pro” applications. PMPlan5 will now work without using MS SQL Server Express. The major reason for doing this is due to all the installation problems with the installation of SQL Server Express. We have found that Version 5 loads projects faster, and doesn’t have the delay between actions due to writing to the database. Version 5 can import PMPlan4 files, but not the PMPlan3 files.
AlNik Solutions PMPlan Enterprise System is a Project Portfolio Management product to obtain success by providing:
- a Quality Integrated Support Product that Fully Integrates all phases of Project Management Planning and Tracking Criteria; Beginning with a strong Work-Breakdown-Structure of the Workload to undertake an effort, along with the Scheduling of the Workload, using both simple-Gantt and Critical-Path technologies; the loading of the Workforce and other resources for Budgeting the Plan, Proposing the Plan, Generation of Substantive Progress Reports, with Performance Measurement utilizing Earned Value and/or ETC Performance Philosophies to achieve Corrective Alternatives, Delivery of Results and Closure of the Project, all needed to provide a customer the ability to meet and/or exceed the Project Management Requirements to succeed,
- an important factor in the PM process is the Forecasting and the Availability of Qualified Workforce Resources for any specific project where these resources may also be spread thinly over other of an organizations projects, a factor often overlooked by other PM support tools. The Product should include Integrated Line Management Workforce Assignment Capability that meets their Workforce Management Requirements, enabling the current and future Forecasting, Budgeting and the Availability of Resources to be included in the Organizations Qualified Workforce,
- the Product should be Value Priced and should have various similar versions of the product made available to all customers, big or small, with a product version that meets their management requirements, but is affordable and falls within their Available Budgets,
- the Product has to be accompanied by Exceptional Customer Services, to Interface the Product with Unique Customer Systems and Processes; where rarely on occasion do two customers have equivalent systems and processes and,
- with the above Capabilities, is a Product that can, “with an appropriate version” provide Timely and Instantaneous and Substantive Portfolio Management, Reporting and Forecasting of a project’s, or of all projects (including internal overhead project performance reporting and staff availability) thus, Providing Forecasted Business Data for Every Layer of a Customer’s Management and providing the ability for all concerned with a Projects Success, to stay on the Same Track for that Success.
AlNik Solutions’ PMPlan Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Software Tools:
- For the Development of a Qualified Proposal for “Workload” Planning and Pricing to DCAA Standards,
- For Project Portfolio Management, and Assessment of Project Performance Measurement and to Report on Progress, and
- For the Assignment of a Documented Qualified “Workforce” for Project Execution and Forecasting Requirements.
AlNik Solutions’ project management software is aligned with the Principles of the ANSI/EIA-748, DOD-5000.2, and DCAA Standards for: Proposals, Pricing, Project Execution, Earned Value Management (EVM), Resource Forecasting & Allocation, and Performance Status Reporting.
If you are a company that conducts project work for external customers, you need software tools that can be used to:
Quickly develop auditable proposals that define the scope, schedule, resource loading requirements and budget; for all customers but in particular, for Government work to DCAA Standards,
- Efficiently track auditable project progress using such methods as automatic import of actual cost accounting data, “Estimate to Complete”, and earned value as defined in ANSI/EIA-748 and DOD-5000.2,
- Make efficient use of limited, but qualified labor resources across all of your projects including forecasting future staffing skill requirements, and
- Analyze the performance of a portfolio of projects by providing summary and drill-down status and health information to allow line managers, financial managers, and upper management to quickly take the necessary actions.
The PMPlan Enterprise Software Suite of Tools (PMPlan©, LMPlan©, and PMFolio©) provide the capability to perform all of the above functions in an integrated fashion, thereby saving significant time which reduces expense.
PMPlan Version 50.00.01 of AlNik’s FREE 30 day “Trial Evaluation” edition of PMPlanPro is available for download and purchase. PMPlanPro will provide the ability to assess the functions and capabilities of the PMPlan products, and may be downsized to PMPlan Standard for purchase, or upgraded for the purchase of PMPlan Enterprise Premier, or PMPlan Enterprise to meet the specific project requirements of your organization. Please contact us at email@example.com if there are questions concerning the purchase of PMPlan.
————-Technical Support Downloads for the Installation of the Trial Evaluation———————-
For specific business needs in the process’ of proposal Workload planning and pricing; project execution and tracking; portfolio performance analysis; and Workforce management and forecasting; the PM software should include the ability to gather, compile, analyze, and distribute all integrated project related data and information. AlNik Solutions strengths in these fields will be most beneficial to those customers, both big and small.