PMPlan Enterprise (ENT)
All four versions of PMPlan, starting with PMPlan Standard, and progressing through PMPlan Professional (Pro), PMPlan Enterprise “Premier” to PMPlan Enterprise, use the same source code with a different flag to identify which version of PMPlan it is.
The PMPlan Enterprise is a multi-user Project Management Product with components that consist of the PMPlan Server License that includes an “PMPlandatabase” that requires and is attached to a customer provided MS SQL Server database management system (Version 2008 R2 or later). The License includes PMPlan Tables and Scripts, two (2) anDBManager Licenses, the limited access database management module and PMPlan Enterprise, the flexible and fully integrated project management module that is used concurrently with other users on the server based ‘MS SQL Server’ database platform.
Each required “PMPlandatabase”, has its own license, of which the basis of its price is established, and it’s licensed identification is added to the PMPlan source code for each installation of PMPlan Enterprise. The LMPlan License , for the line management and forecasting module and the PMFolio License, for the project portfolio module may be purchased to complete a full-up PMPlan Enterprise System appropriate for government, and internal management progress reporting.
The base PMPlan Enterprise product comes with 20-Concurrent Users Licensing. With this licensing model, the customer can install the PMPlan4 module on any PC or MAC that is part of the same network that the SQL Server is located on. The Enterprise system tracks the number of users who are connected to the database with PMPlan4, if the number of connections reaches 30, or whatever number the customer has established in addition to that, the next connection has to wait for someone to close PMPlan4.
The Enterprise systems products have been in operation since 2005. The 20 concurrent user limitation can be reached on systems with ~80-90 overall users dependent on the access requirements of the customer, and licenses can be purchased for any additional concurrent users that are required. PMPlan Enterprise can also be used on a local or server based ‘MS SQL Server Express’ database platform with some limitations, and will handle 5,000 resources within 32,000 work elements for a plan period of up-to 10 years (+/-, and limited only by the amount of installed memory, and in some cases 32 bit vs. 64 bit processing).
The integrated PMPlan Enterprise product does meet with, and is used under, the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) standards as an integrated component of customer pricing systems, and meets other Government standards for those projects requiring a fully mandated pricing support and EVM capability. The PMPlan Enterprise pricing and proposal supporting documentation is an integral component to the pricing process and system approved for use by some AlNik customers.
The PMPlan Enterprise System product would allow all of the potential users in your group to use the PMPlan Enterprise System products, and could allow other groups within the organization to access the database (Note: The “PMPlandatabase” license is for one Production and one Archive Database, plus backups).
PMPlan Enterprise/Premier Versions have all of the features of PMPlan Standard and Pro, plus these additional features/benefits:
- One centralized location (SQL Server Database) to hold global and project data which makes it easier to maintain the global data such as Resources, Burden and Resource Rates, Pricing Types.
- The PMPlan Database administrative tool, anDBManager, can have limited authorized users.
- Ability to have a different rate set for the Baseline Plan versus the current plan. On a multi-year project, the baseline rates typically will be different from the current rates due to the baseline is using projected rates while the current rates will be using actual rates for past years of the project and new projected rates for future work.
- Accuracy pricing since it is able to use the full Burden Rate Structure including separate Burden Rate Structure for different types of projects (Gov’t, Commercial, IR&D, etc.).
- Can generate Cost Breakdown Reports that would be acceptable to DCAA.
- Multi-users can be doing resource loading at the same time on a large project (We have customers that are using PMPlan to price projects greater than $100 million).
- Document Repository where you can attach documentation to individual WBS elements or at the Project level. This gives all the project users access to documents such as Request For Proposal material for referencing and copying text into scope/objective.
- Time and Material Type Projects.
- Option to Price by Job Categories or Staff which can be controlled and maintain at one central location.
- The ability to have fee by tasks instead of just the Project Level.
- User defined Proposal Reports.
- Multi-Level Resource Breakdown Structure which would allow reports to be at higher resource level.
- Invoicing Plan, thus can look at cash flow.
- All Five of the Contract Performance Reports.
- Can be used in full EVMS system.
- Multi-Baselines with the ability to compare current baseline to any previous baseline.
- Historical Estimate-At-Completion Snapshots with the ability to compare current EAC to an previous EAC.
- Formal Change Request Feature that allows the user to do a what-if process, submit Change Request, then automatically run the stored what-if instructions if approved.
- Summary of Multiple Projects, thus providing the ability to look at resource requirements across several projects and the ability for program manager to review all their projects in one view.
- Direct Import of Actuals from Company Accounting System.
- Integrates with Workforce Module (LMPlan Server) that is used by line managers for project and organizational workload and workforce loading and forecasting.
- Integrates with Portfolio Server Module that provides summary reports showing the status and health of projects to line managers, financial management and upper management.
“The poor utilization of non-integrated Proposal/Project Management support tools (in terms of Time and Labor sensitivity), could result in a negative impact on a Proposal/Project Budget, through the difficulty of coordinating the various non-integrated support tools used in many Proposal/Project Management processes; whereas the employment of the capability of these tools and the above features into a properly integrated Proposal/Project Management support system would result in a much better utilization of time and effort, with much more accurate results!” In other words: “Plan to exacting Specifications, and Price the complete exacting Plan!”
- An example; as part of a PMPlan Enterprise installation process, a comparison test by the customer of the pricing process’s using a just submitted significantly priced proposal developed using their previous “non-integrated” pricing process the customer, using PMPlan, discovered a price differential in excess of $2 Million against the customer. The customer, using PMPlan, was able to help pin-point the source of an error in their previous pricing process, and the customer was able to recover the discrepancy prior to the contract award!
- In PMPlan, the definition of the Integrated Proposal/Project Management support tools is:
- That all required data lies within the PMPlan Database that is common to all application processes of the Enterprise system, whereas, all applications are tied to a complete projects proposed and executable proposal or project plan. For system continuity, all PMPlan Enterprise applications use the exact same data where it is required of each application, in lieu of re-entering or copying and pasting data into a non-integrated application, and exposing the process to error.
- The Project Workload Planning and Management application, the Proposal Pricing application, the Organizational Workforce Forecasting and Assignment application, the Project EVM Performance Analysis and the Organizational Portfolio Reporting applications and the database tables that include the inflatable base rates, the inflatable burden rates, the organizational breakdown structure, the organizational calendar, and other tables that tie these applications tightly together, within the PMPlan Enterprise Database.
- In addition, a “View” into the accounting database, or another source of access to labor usages to a project and all associated costs attributed to a project including labor cost’s, material purchases, purchased labor, travel expense, use of equipment or any other direct or indirect cost to a project, all couched as “Actual Cost” to a project will needed for integration into the PMPlan Database containing the project data.
- AlNik Solutions has experience in accessing data from the following accounting database engine providers: Oracle, Deltek, Microsoft, and a variety of home grown databases
PMPlan Enterprise System Products: support project management and line management teams in providing for concurrent and timely access to an integrated centralized common project and workforce resource database by all project teams, for all projects, expediting and improving the processing of project and workforce financial and schedule forecast data.
- The multi-user project management products, PMPlan Enterprise Status and PMPlan Enterprise “Premier”, are enhanced versions of the stand-alone PMPlan Standard, and with the exception of the resource pool, looks and works the same as PMPlan Standard. However, PMPlan Enterprise system products contain additional features not available in PMPlan Standard, such as the ability to define project rules, develop Burden Rate tables, etc. PMPlan Enterprise system products can be customized to access specific project financial and forecasting data of other applications and organizational databases and/or other unique management processes, allowing for additional and more comprehensive Earned Value Management EVM) and other reporting requirements.
- The line management tools, LMPlan, are workforce assignment and forecasting tools for billable and un-billable project and overhead applications. They provide for the set up their own project file for limited purposes, or may import project plans from the PMPlan Enterprise project management tool, or other in house project or pricing tools, either directly or indirectly.
- All sensitive information contained in the centralized database is managed, with controlled access, through another limited access Enterprise tool, anDBManager.
- A Management focused Revenue and Portfolio tools, PMFolio provide for the analysis of the project data stored within the centralized server database, and provide summary reports that determine the status and health of all of the projects within the database, or of selected projects of interest.
The PMPlan Enterprise System products provide the project and line managers with compatible integrated tools that, when jointly applied to the common data within the centralized database, provides for timely project status reports and summary data support for the administration and forecasting of the workload and workforce requirements on the total organizational human resource pool defined within the database.
The ‘PMPlanDatabase’ contains all of the tables used by the PMPlan Enterprise, PMPlan Enterprise “Premier”, LMPlan, and PMFolio products. The ‘PMPlanDatabase’ is attached to an independently purchased and installed Microsoft SQL Server™ (version 2008 R2 or later preferred), on the organization’s network server and is managed by anDBManager. anDBManager can be installed on any MS Windows® or Apple Intel based Mac®, using Parallels, compatible computer.
PMPlan Enterprise© and PMPlan Enterprise “Premier”© Products – collectively PMPlan Enterprise, the multi-user PMPlan database server based versions of the stand-alone PMPlan Standard EVM Project Management software product.
PMPlan Enterprise, with the exception of the resource pool, looks and works the same as PMPlan Standard, but the application contains additional features not available in PMPlan Standard such as a the ability to define project rules, develop Burden Rate Tables, use the common Resource Pool, and can define project specific holidays and override normal non-workdays. Resource loading, which is stored at daily level, is done from task level with automatic roll up to the cost center and the project.
PMPlan Enterprise incorporates import/export capabilities for other applications including PMPlan Standard, MS Project®, Microframe’s MPM® and ProPricer®. PMPlan Enterprise can be customized to interface with additional modules (not included with this application), custom designed to access specific project and forecasting data of other applications and/or organizational databases allowing for additional and more comprehensive Earned Value Management (EVM) reporting.
This application can be installed on any of the site’s Windows® compatible computers, and includes twenty (20) licensed user seats that can be concurrently connected to the database (Note: additional licensed concurrent seats can be purchased).
The understanding of how the Workflow in PMPlan should be considered before developing a Project Plan.
Some example PMPlan “Input Forms” are:
1 – PMPlan Enterprise Project Work Plan
2 – PMPlanEnterprise Project Logic Network
3 – PMPlan Enterprise Project Schedule
4 – PMPlan Enterprise Project Resources
5 – PMPlan Enterprise Project Total Effort
6 – PMPlan Enterprise Project Resource Effort
7 – PMPlan Enterprise Project Activity Effort
8 – PMPlan Enterprise Project Tracking
9 – PMPlan Enterprise Project Status
Contract Performance Report (CPR), five formats
CPR Format 1
CPR Format 2
CPR Format 3
CPR Format 4
CPR Format 5